INSTITUTE OF OBJECTIVE STUDIES
INSTITUTE OF OBJECTIVE STUDIES organized a Two-day International Conference on “THE ROLE OF WOMEN IN MAKING A HUMANE SOCIETY” On September 23-24, 2017 at Calicut, Kerala (India). The conference adopted following resolutions:
- To make a Humane Society the whole of the world should take up the task of ensuring a prominent role to be played by women in framing of policies, decision-making and their implementation, giving them space to maintain their modesty, chastity and dignity deserved by them as about half of humanity.
- While women have been playing the traditionally significant role of a mother, daughter, sister and wife, making thereby the humanity to sustain, their potential to play the role in making momentous contributions to spheres beyond that should be well recognized and further promoted.
- Contribution of women, including Muslim women, to literature, science, technology, trade, management, governance, societal harmony, nation building and creation of cosmic vision should be underlined and documented and made available in public domain.
- World bodies should be urged to follow the promises, pledges and guiding principle as per 1995 Beijing Declaration and 1992 Rio Declaration, the UN Security Council Resolution 1325 and other international instruments religiously to associate women in the cause of boosting literacy, protecting environment, improving public health, civilizing quality of life, advancement of peace, augmentation of international cooperation, addressing the issues of underdeveloped nations and promotion of international trade.
- Prominent role should be assigned to women in the advancement human rights, humanitarian safeguards, and implementation of welfare schemes at the national and international levels together with respectable positions in diplomatic sphere.
- Recognition and ascription of vital and noteworthy roles to women, more than fourteen centuries before now by the Quran and Prophet Muhammadsaw , should be well appreciated by the global community in general and Muslims of the world in particular and the suit to be followed with divine spirit and sanction.
- No woman should be compelled to play any role in any way against her will and wish for any reason whatsoever and primacy should be given to her right to privacy and personal choices.
- Nation States and voluntary bodies should establish special institutions for training and skill development in women to ensure their successful careers and leadership in the possible sectors of pursuit and action, making possible the enrichment of gender ratio at local, national and international levels in all public and private organizations at all cadre levels.
- The increasing participation of Muslim women in national and international jurisdictions should be better encouraged and facilitated by the creation of a chaste and supportive environment through both policy and legislation.
- In India, the government and the non-governmental organizations should specially provide institutional assistance to Muslim women for education and skill development who have not been so far able to avail the benefits of the existing schemes and facilities made available by the central and state governments.
- Educational and research institutions and organizations established by Muslims of the country themselves should be reorient for take vibrant initiatives for the education, training and skill development among Muslim women in accordance with the contemporary demands from the society and industry, expanding their area of action and contribution and creation of a participatory benevolent society in India.
- For the realization of the goal of real democracy and fraternity in India participation and inclusion of women, especially Muslim women, in civil services, judiciary and engineering and medical professions and legislature should be optimized by special constitutional measures and policy priorities.