Shaykh Sa’adi of Persia said :
To spend one second in the presence of God’s Friend
is better than one hundred years of prostration.
Islam is not totalitarian. Allah swt gave you principles and manners and wants to save you at the end. That is how he structured 124,000 prophets. And the top of the pyramid is Sayyidina Muhammad (saw). Sayyidina Adam (as) is the base. Thus Allah swt will not leave a person without a guide in even 24 hours. So in Islamic norms and values, even someone on top of a mountain cannot be left without a guide.
The heart is the manifestation of the Divine Presence. And that manifestation is very important because it does not differentiate. That is why, it is said in Hadith that Allah does not look at our pictures but He looks at our hearts.
Some manners and principles must be practiced and respected
- A blithering relying on Allah swt
- Complete adhering and following the practices and traditions(Sunnah) of prophet (Peace Be Upon Him)
- Abandoning fighting, quarrelling, disputing and rebuking except in truthful matters
- Dealing gently and with good character and abandoning anger and rage
- Abandoning malice, rancour and jealousy
- Spending without stinginess and not to such a degree that one becomes needy
- Being cheerful and buoyant
- Being pragmatist, down to earth, amiable and diligent
- Not being violent, aggressive, hostile and chaotic
- Not desiring wealth and glory
- Fulfillment of promises
- To love and have good and cordial relations with one’s brothers and to remain aloof of others
- To be thankful to a benefactor
- Humility in opposition to pride
- Divine guidance
- Positive yield and assiduous
- Gratitude and rationality
- Morality and integrity
- Serenity and courage
- Wisdom and tolerance
- Righteousness and spirituality
- Compassion and perseverance
- Forgiveness and patience devotion
- Selflessness and simplicity .
May Allah teach us and guide us.